OnePlus 9 series started receiving the latest OxygenOS 11 update along with the September 2021 security patch. But this firmware update has brought a very amazing feature in the camera section which is the “XPan camera mode”. As we all know that the OnePlus 9 series was launched with a new collaboration – Hasselblad which aimed at improving the photographic capabilities of the series.
So let’s talk about this new feature which is the genesis of the collaboration of OnePlus and Hasselblad:
First of all! when you update your device with this latest version, you can automatically get the XPan feature on your device camera section. This contains a 65:27 aspect ratio, two focal lengths (30mm and 45mm), a particular animation of developing negative film, and two-color profiles – an updated color mode and a unique B&W simulation of the vintage ILFORD Delta 400 film, precisely like the original XPan.
The following features are included in the new XPan Mode:
- The 65:27 aspect ratio provides the same cinematic effect as the Hasselblad XPan camera.
- 2 focal lengths in ultra-wide mode
- 30mm (cropped by UW) and 45 MM are two of the most common focal lengths observed on the XPan (main camera)
- Even after cropping in their photographs, the camera can preserve a high-resolution photo with over 20 megapixels.
- Users will see the exact frame lines viewed through the lens of a genuine XPan camera in the phone preview box.
- After taking a shot, an animation of developing the negative film is shown.
- Two film simulation effects are available.
- Color and black-and-white – collaborated with Hasselblad to create a one-of-a-kind B&W film.
For the latest news, join us on our telegram channel: link below
OnePlus 9 series build and patch information:
Also, the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro smartphones have got the updated OxygenOS 11 build 220.127.116.11. To improve your experience, this new version includes the September 2021 security patch. Users will also discover a plethora of cameras and system optimization.
In addition, the HDR setting has been tweaked to reduce noise while also addressing the issue of over-sharpening. White balance is another area that may be tweaked and fine-tuned. With this recent update, OnePlus claims a 50% increase in camera app launch speed. The changelog is available in its entirety below.
OnePlus 9 series OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 changelog:
- Optimized HDR frame retrieving algorithms and reduced noise in multiple scenes
- Fix the over-sharpening issues in auto mode scenarios
- Improved stability of auto white balance in auto mode
- Optimized auto white balance when shifting between the main and ultra-wide camera
- Reduced over-brightening of images on Nightscape Mode
- Improved the dynamic range in low-light conditions
- Improved success rate when shooting moving objects
- Updated the memory optimization solution and reduced the launch time of the native camera app by up to 50%
- Reduced lag in camera preview and optimized the shutter lag in some scenarios.
- Updated Android security patch to September 2021.
- Optimized the wireless charing experience
- Fixed known issues and improved stability.
HOW TO UPDATE THE ONEPLUS 9 AND THE ONEPLUS 9 PRO?
- Software update
- Check for Updates Download!