On February 22, 2021, Huawei has officially introduced its new family member which is the foldable smartphone called Huawei Mate X2. The smartphone equipped with Kirin 9000 chip, a double wedge design, and a periscope camera setup.
The company has launched this smartphone in two variants, 8GB of RAM and 256GB internal storage at the price of 17999 yuan ($2782) while the second variant offers you 12GB of Ram and 512GB ultimate storage and is available in 18999 yuan ($2938). Meanwhile, you can purchase this smartphone in three color options Black, White, Blue and Pink.
The Huawei Mate X2 went on sale on February 25, 2021, in Huawei’s online stores and so many users had shown great enthusiasm to purchase this smartphone. Meanwhile, two days after the sale, Huawei has provided a new software update for smartphone users who can buy the Mate X2.
After the first update, the company has continuously provided the latest firmware update for the Mate X2 smartphone with lots of improvements and fixes. Huawei Mate X2 has been launched only a month so far and within one month the company has released the four update which is based on EMUI 11. Now let’s check the Mate X2 update details.
Huawei Mate X2 running on EMUI 11 past firmware update information:
On May 23, 2021:
HarmonyOS 2.0 will reach the Huawei Mate X2 smartphone in just two weeks but before that, the company has started rolling out the new EMUI 11 based firmware update for the Mate X2 general users (Not part of HarmonyOS 2.0 beta). (Check the full information)
On April 12, 2021:
Huawei Mate X2 smartphone receiving the March 2021 security patch update with the new version number 188.8.131.52 SP1 while it is based on Huawei’s Emotion-UI EMUI 11. (Check the full information)
On March 27, 2021:
On March 19, 2021:
Huawei has started rolling out the third update for Huawei Mate X2 smartphone users which is based on EMUI 11. The latest update brings the new version number for users 184.108.40.206 SP2. (Check the full information)
On March 10, 2021:
The company has started rolling out the second firmware update for the Huawei Mate X2 smartphone users in China. The latest firmware update is based on EMUI 11 and it brings the build number 220.127.116.11 SP1. (Check the full information)
On February 27, 2021:
How to install the latest firmware update into the Mate X2 smartphone:
Via Settings: Settings -> System & updates-> Software update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
Via Support: Support app -> Services Tab -> Update -> CHECK FOR UPDATES -> Download and install.
HUAWEI MATE X2 KEY SPECIFICATIONS:
- Model Name: TET-AN00
- Screen Size: 8 inches; external screen: 6.45 inches
- Screen Type: Internal screen: foldable flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate; external screen: flexible OLED, up to 90Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate
- Resolution: Internal screen: 2480 x 2200 pixels; External screen: 2700 x 1160 pixels
- Rear Camera: 50 MP super-sensing camera (wide-angle, f/1.9 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization) + 16 MP ultra-wide-angle camera (f/2.2 aperture) + 12 MP telephoto camera (f/2.4 aperture, support OIS optical anti-shake Shake) + 8 MP super zoom camera (10x optical zoom, f/4.4 aperture, support OIS optical image stabilization)
- Front Camera: 16 MP wide-angle camera (wide-angle, f/2.2 aperture)
- Screen Color: 16.7 million colors, P3 wide color gamut
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB/512GB
- Processor: Kirin 9000
- OS: EMUI 11.0 (based on Android 10)
- GPU: 24-core Mali-G78
- CPU: 1*[email protected] + 3*[email protected] + 4*[email protected]
- Battery: 4500mAh
- Navigation: Gesture navigation, three-button navigation on the screen, floating navigation
- Network: Support China Unicom/Telecom 5G/4G+/4G/3G/2G, mobile 5G/4G+/4G/2G.