At Huawei Developer Conference (HDC) 2019, Huawei had launched its self-developed operating system with the name of the HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS). The HarmonyOS is based on a new micro-kernel and the latest version by Huawei created to provide a new user experience with all the latest features and support for all Huawei’s users.
Back in 2019, when Huawei had introduced its new operating system- HarmonyOS that time it has not to affect its features and performance in the market. That’s the reason Huawei has again going with the previous Emotion- UI EMUI 11.
But it is said that everything has the right time, just like that HarmonyOS has entered the market at the right time. The company did not lose hope with this version and continues working on it while explored its feature and create this version with more powerful even compared to the EMUI version.
HarmonyOS back like a worrier in December last year at the Huawei Developer Conference (HDC). Now, the company has started the HarmonyOS developer beta testing to its compatible devices while some other products have also got this version. Also, Huawei has clearly indicated that the upcoming Huawei devices will launch with a pre-installed HarmonyOS system.
HUAWEI HARMONYOS 2.0 FEATURES (LEAKED):
- New HarmonyOS animation
- New Home screen decoration
- New card system with corners
- Resizable widgets
- App transitions
- Ap icon swipe up gestures
- Camera app layout
- Quick setting panel.
According to the official roadmap, the latest operating system by Huawei will support devices with up to 128MB of RAM such as smart wearables and other IoT devices.
Later, it will support devices up to 4GB RAM, such as tablets and entry-level smartphones. Moreover, at the end of this calendar year, the RAM limit will increase over 4GB and open a way for the support of flagship smartphones.
The HarmonyOS (Hongmeng OS) version will supportable for Huawei smartphones and other Huawei gadgets like a smartwatch, smartTV, tablet, and more. But the new leak has suggested that it will be including some Honor devices as well.
Huawei smartphones compatible with HARMONYOS:
- Huawei Mate 40 (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 40 Pro+ (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 40 RS Porsche Design (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 40E (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate X
- Huawei Mate Xs
- Huawei Mate X2 (Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 (Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro (Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 Pro+ (Confirmed)
- Huawei P40 4G
- Huawei Mate 30 4G (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 4G (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 5G (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 40E
- Huawei Nova 8 (Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 8 Pro (Confirmed)
- Huawei Nova 7 Pro 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 5G
- Huawei Nova 7 SE
- Huawei Nova 6
- Huawei Nova 6 5G
- Huawei P30 (Confirmed)
- Huawei P30 Pro (Confirmed)
- Huawei Mate 20
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro
- Huawei Mate 20 X 4G
- Huawei Mate 20 X 5G
- Huawei Mate 20 RS
Huawei smartwatch compatible with HARMONYOS:
- Huawei Watch GT 2 Pro (app support – Chinese version)
Huawei Tablets compatible with HARMONYOS:
- Huawei MatePad Pro (Confirmed)
- Huawei MediaPad M6
Huawei upcoming devices (Pre-installed HarmonyOS)
- Huawei P50
- Huawei MatePad Pro 2
- Huawei smartwatch 2021
Honor devices compatible with HARMONYOS:
- Honor 30 (Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro (Confirmed)
- Honor 30 Pro+ (Confirmed)
- Honor V30
- Honor V30 Pro
- Honor 20
- Honor 20 Pro
- Honor V20
- Honor Magic 2
- Honor 9X
Note: After separation from Huawei, there’s no confirmation on what Honor may decide for these devices.
Keep in mind:
- This list not confirmed by the company
- This list made with recent leaks and smartphone specification
- We have added or remove the device if we get any confirmation
- The article will be updated continuously.