Nokia today released its first-quarter financial report for the 2021 fiscal year.
According to the financial report, according to the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Nokia’s net sales in the first quarter were 5.076 billion euros (approximately US$6.159 billion), an increase of 3% from the 4.913 billion euros in the same period last year; attributable to shareholders of Nokia’s parent company The net profit of 261 million euros (about 317 million US dollars), the net loss of 117 million euros in the same period last year.
Due to the strong growth of network infrastructure and the strong growth of mobile networks, Nokia has a strong start this year, with net sales increasing by 3%.
In addition, the company’s fixed currency net sales increased by 18% year-on-year, and 63 new customers were acquired, more than twice the number of new customers in the first quarter of 2020.
This turnaround to profit is mainly due to the growth of 5G, which the official attributed to the favorable product and regional market combination and the improvement of the entire network infrastructure.
It is reported that Nokia has a healthy liquidity position this quarter, with net cash of 3.7 billion euros and total cash of 8.8 billion euros. Looking to the future, they only hope to maintain the outlook for 2021 and 2023.
29 April 2021 at 08:00 EET
Nokia Corporation Financial Report for Q1 2021
Sales growth in Q1 driving margin increase and strong cash generation
- Strong start to the year with constant currency net sales up 9% year-on-year, driven by strong growth in Network Infrastructure and solid growth in Mobile Networks; reported net sales increased 3%
- Enterprise constant currency net sales up 18% year-on-year, as we gained 63 new customers, more than doubling the number we added in Q1 2020; reported net sales increased 14%
- Comparable gross margin of 38.2% (reported 37.9%), reflecting improvements in Mobile Networks, mainly driven by 5G growth and favorable product and regional mix, and broad improvements across Network Infrastructure
- Comparable operating margin of 10.9% (reported 8.5%), with improvements in comparable operating profit across all business groups
- Comparable diluted EPS of EUR 0.07; reported diluted EPS of EUR 0.05
- Strong cash flow performance, driven by operating profit and good collection of receivables
- Solid liquidity position, with net cash of EUR 3.7bn and total cash of EUR 8.8bn
- Executing well on a three-phased approach to achieve sustainable, profitable growth and technology leadership set out at Capital Markets Day
- Full-year 2021 and 2023 outlook maintained
This is a summary of the Nokia Corporation financial report for Q1 2021 published today. Nokia only publishes a summary of its financial reports in stock exchange releases. The summary focuses on the Nokia Group’s financial information as well as on Nokia’s outlook. The detailed, segment-level discussion will be available in the complete financial report hosted at www.nokia.com/financials. Investors should not solely rely on summaries of Nokia’s financial reports but should also review the complete reports with tables.
IF YOU LIKED OUR ARTICLE, YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON OUR GOOGLE NEWS AND TELEGRAM CHANNEL ALSO YOU CAN JOIN OUR DISCUSSION GROUP ON TELEGRAM
Nokia X20 gets first Android 13 developer preview
Meanwhile, several other Android device makers have announced their own Android 13 beta or developer preview.
HMD Global has now announced that you can now test it with the Nokia X20 running Android 13. It’s worth noting that HMD is calling this a developer preview, not a beta, so the new version may leave a lot to be desired.
If you want to try it as well, you can now go through the “My Device” app on the Nokia X20, find the support interface on the bottom banner, and then find the Android 13 Developer Preview, and you can go directly to the application. You can pass the registered IMEI check for Android 13 DP. The new version will be forwarded to OTA within 12 hours after user registration.
Of course, after the application is successful, you can also manually check for updates yourself, and you will receive the update within about 20 minutes. Specifically, you can go to “Settings > About phone > System update” to check.
We are aware that the Android 13 DP version comes with a pre-installed Customer Feedback app, through which you can report any issues you encounter. If you need to roll back to Android 12, you can also make a request through My Devices.
Nokia G21 released: with 90Hz LCD screen, battery life up to three days
The Nokia G21, the successor of the Nokia G20, has been released, with improvements in battery, screen, and camera.
The Nokia G21 is equipped with a 5050 mAh battery, which is officially said to last up to three days. HMD has improved its power-saving mode, enabling the first-level power saving mode when the battery remains at 20%, and can be obtained at 10%. The second level of power-saving mode is to further extend battery life.
The second major upgrade of the G21 is the high refresh rate display, which uses a 6.5-inch LCD display that supports a 90Hz refresh rate and a resolution of 720p+. The machine also supports adaptive refresh rate mode, which can be dropped to 60 Hz to save power when 90 Hz is not needed.
In terms of cameras, the main camera of the machine is a 50-megapixel sensor, and HMD does not mention the details of the lens aperture and sensor size, but focuses on the super-resolution function, which can enhance the details of captured images. The machine also supports night mode. The G20’s 5-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera is gone, though, leaving only a 2-megapixel macro camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor.
The Nokia G21 is equipped with a more powerful chipset – UNISOC T606, this 12nm chip has two Cortex-A75 cores and six A55 cores, a big leap over the Helio G35, which has only eight A53 cores The core, the GPU of the new machine is Mali G57 MP1, but the chip only supports 4G network.
The new Device has 4GB of memory and 64GB or 128GB of storage space, with three card slots, support for dual SIM cards, and more storage can be added with a microSD card. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint reader, it also comes with an improved face unlock feature that can be recognized while wearing a mask, and the phone also has a 3.5mm headphone jack. The phone is pre-installed with the Android 11 system and will receive 2 major Android version upgrades and 3-year security patch updates.
The DNS has learned that the Nokia G21 will be available soon, starting at 170 euros (about 1230.8 yuan). The new model will come in two colorways, Nordic Blue and Dusk, and come with a 10W charger and USB cable in the box. Some regions will also get a headset, screen protector, and a jelly case. Additionally, the G21’s clear case is made from 100% recycled materials and will be available on Nokia.com.
Nokia X100/G300 appears in the list of devices supported by Netflix HDR
Nokia and Nokia X100 G300 surfaced for the first time in public. Recently, the Nokia X100, Nokia G300, and the recently launched Nokia G50 5G have officially appeared on the list of HDR devices supported by Netflix.
It is reported that the codenames of Nokia X100 and Nokia G300 are Aoki and Deadmau5. And almost all the details of the Nokia G300 5G have already been revealed.
Going by the news, the Nokia G300 is equipped with a Snapdragon 480 processor, which is equipped with a 6.57-inch LCD display with a resolution of 720 x 1600. The machine makes use of three rear cameras, which include a 16MP main camera, a 5MP ultra. -Wide-angle lens and 2MP depth-of-field lens, and 8MP front lens.
Also, a 4470 mAh battery is also provided in the phone. It is unclear whether fast charging is supported (18W for the Nokia G50). The phone runs Android 11, is equipped with 64GB of storage, and supports microSD card expansion up to 1TB. It is expected to start at EUR 160 (about RMB 1196.8).
- HarmonyOS 188.8.131.52 Update Released for Huawei Mate 60 Series
- EMUI 14 Brings Improved Performance, Enhanced Security, and AI-Powered Features
- Microsoft Windows 7 Super Lite ISO in 32-Bit and 64-Bit [Download Link]
- Huawei Unveils New Open-Ear Headphones: A Fusion of Fashion and Comfort
- Huawei Nova 12 Series Leaks: A Glimpse at the Ultra Model with Unique Camera Design and Noteworthy Features
- Google Pixel 8 Pro Users Report Screen Edge Dots
- ChromeOS 119 Update: Steam Installation and Google Drive Sync Improvements
- Samsung Rolls Out One UI 6 and Android 14 Update for Galaxy S23 Series
- Huawei Mobile Services (HMS Core) 184.108.40.2062 By Huawei Internet Services
- Google Play Store Gets a Refresh in November System Updates