Previous month (February 2021) Google has rolled out the Android 12 first Developer Preview 1 for Pixel devices and after the first update complete Google has released the second version of the Android 12. Google has released this second developer preview with the name of the “Android 12 Developer Preview 1.1” and it comes with lots of improvements while fixes some bugs.
Moving forward, Google has started rolling out the Android 12 Developer Preview 2 for Pixel devices. The new Android 12 Developer Preview 2 comes with lots of new changes and improvements but the company has gives the main attention to notification security and picture-to-picture enhancement.
Looking at these, we will be going very closer to the next major update for the Android 12 version. Google’s developers have to work on it very positively for providing the next-generation version soon and the developers have reached the beta update of this latest version should be the month of May to Android devices. Below you can check the changes of this latest Android 12 Developer Preview 2.
Android 12 Developer Preview 2 Changes:
Trust and safety:
- Allowing an app to overlay windows on top of other apps poses an obvious security risk. To that end, the new HIDE_OVERLAY_WINDOWS permission introduced in Developer Preview 2 ensures that an app can call Window#setHideOverlayWindows() to indicate that all TYPE_APPLICATION_OVERLAY windows should be hidden when the app’s window is visible.
- Notification visibility controls have been updated in this new preview release. Now you can configure notification actions so that they will always generate an authentication challenge when triggered from the lock screen. For example, a messaging app now requires authentication before deleting a message or marking it as read.
- Android 12 Developer Preview 2 has added support for a simpler, more efficient way to obtain the checksum of an installed app. Developers can choose from several standard digest algorithms such as SHA256, SHA512, Merkle Root, and others. A backward compatible version of this feature is in the works, which should be available in the form of a Jetpack library in the near future.
New Android 12 API Changes:
1. Rounded corners:
- In Android 12 Developer Preview 2, developers can check if the device has a screen with rounded corners and get their details. From the perspective of UI design, one can now utilize the absolute details for each rounded corner as well as the corner details relative to an app’s bounds.
2. Picture in Picture (PIP) improvements:
- Apps can now enable seamless resize to let the system resize the PIP Activity when needed. In addition, enabling auto-PIP now makes the system directly transition the app to PIP mode on an up-to-home gesture, without waiting for the up-to-home animation to complete. Finally, Android now supports stashing the PIP window by dragging it to the left or right edge of the screen.
3. Updates to companion device app API:
- Wearable devices like smartwatches and fitness trackers usually need a dedicated app for managing them. Google wants to make it easier for such apps to be running and connected whenever an associated companion device is nearby. To do that, Android 12 Developer Preview 2 has introduced a new CompanionDeviceService API. Moreover, the new companion device profile greatly simplifies the companion device enrollment process.
4. Bandwidth estimation improvements:
- Google has greatly enhanced the existing bandwidth estimation APIs. Developers can now get an estimate of aggregate throughput per carrier or Wi-Fi SSID, network type, and signal level, for all users on the device.
5. Visual effects:
- Applying common graphics effects is now easier than ever in Android 12 with the RenderEffect class. You can now separately apply blurs and color filters, or combine these effects as chain effects as a whole.
Download the Android 12 Developer Preview 2 for Pixel devices:
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3 XL: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 3: Factory Image — OTA
Check how to install this latest Developer Preview 2 on your Pixel Device:
1. Download Android 12
To get started, you’ll first need to download the files needed to actually put Android 12 on your Pixel. There are two ways to do so. First, you can install a Factory Image, which wipes your phone and starts everything from scratch. Alternatively, and the way we’ll detail here, there’s an OTA file, which installs over your current version of Android without wiping your phone.
You can download the beta OTA file from Google’s Full OTA Image hosting site. That site contains OTA downloads for sideloading different updates, including Android 12, on every Pixel and Nexus device, so you’ll need to scroll down to ensure you are downloading the file that associates with your device. OTA downloads are available here.
For the Android 12 Developer Preview, only Google Pixel 3/XL, Pixel 3a/XL, Pixel 4/XL, Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, and Pixel 5 are available. You won’t be able to install it on the original Pixel/XL or Pixel 2/XL.
2. Boot into Recovery mode
Next, you’ll boot your Pixel into Recovery mode. To do this, fully power down your handset. Then, hold down on the Power button and the Volume down button at the exact same time until you get to the Bootloader page. You will know you’re in the right place when you see an Android figure lying down on the screen.
Using your volume buttons, scroll down to Recovery mode. Select this by clicking the power button. Alternatively, if you’re already connected to a computer with ADB, you can use the reboot recovery command.
Now you should see a smaller Android lying down with an exclamation mark over it. From here, press the Power button and the Volume up button for about a second to fully enter Recovery mode. Releasing the Volume up button will send you into Recovery.
3. Navigate to ADB sideload
Using the volume buttons, scroll down to Apply update from ADB and select it with the power button. This will launch a mostly blank screen with text near the bottom directing you on how to sideload an OTA, such as this one for the Android 12 Developer Preview.
4. Connect the handset to a computer with ADB tools installed
This step is important as it’s the only way to transfer the downloaded OTA file to your handset. You’ll need to have ADB and Fastboot tools in a handy place. You can download ADB tools from the Android Developers website. You can also use the Universal ADB Drivers from ClockWorkMod which can make the process a bit easier on Windows devices.
5. Enter the sideload command
As long as everything is in place, you can now sideload the OTA file. On Windows, ensure your Command Prompt is directed to the ADB tools folder and type in ADB sideload. If you’re on macOS or Linux, do the same thing in Terminal (use “cd” and “ls” commands to make sure your Terminal is pointed at the right folder, Google it if you need help) but type in ./adb sideload. You’ll then need to insert the file name of the .zip folder you downloaded from Google and hit enter to start the process.
If everything is working properly, you should see some dialog on your computer and handset that shows the process of the sideload and installation process.
6. Reboot your phone
Once the OTA is done installing, you will be taken back to Recovery Mode. The last step to jump into the new update is to select the Reboot Now option with your power button.
Note: This process won’t wipe your device, but it’s good practice to backup any irreplaceable data in case something goes wrong.
IF YOU LIKED OUR ARTICLE, YOU CAN FOLLOW US ON OUR GOOGLE NEWS AND TELEGRAM CHANNEL ALSO YOU CAN JOIN OUR DISCUSSION GROUP ON TELEGRAM.
These Realme phones may not get the Realme UI 3.0 update
Realme UI 3.0 introduces a refreshing new look with Fluid Space design and Sketchpad AOD, new features to help protect your privacy, and improvements across the entire system to make your realme smartphone faster and more fluid than ever. There is so much to say about realme UI 3.0 – here are just a few of our favorite features.
Recently realme launched realme UI 3.0 skin globally with the new update there is an expectation of new features and there is also a hope that realme will update our realme device or not.
Realme UI 3.0 has been launched, and its beta testing has also started inside the company, it is expected to come on the market soon, but alas many devices have been kept away from this update, it clearly means that the devices are given below Will not get new updates but because of them, the device will continue. Receive security patch updates.
These Realme phones will not update to Realme UI 3.0
- Realme X2 Pro
- Realme X2 (730G)
- Realme X2 (712G)
- Realme XT
- Realme X
- Realme C11
- Realme C11 2021
- Realme C12
- Realme C3
- Realme C3i
- Realme 3 Pro
- Realme 5 Pro
- Realme Q
- Realme Q Youth Edition
These devices may be not get Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0 update
- Realme C15
- Realme C15 QE
- Realme Narzo 10
- Realme Narzo 10A
- Realme 6s
- Realme 6
- Realme 6i
- Realme 6 Pro
- Realme 7i
- Realme C20
- Realme C21
- Realme C17
- Realme Narzo 20
- Realme Narzo 20A
The above list is not official. But it has been prepared by our expert, which has been released keeping in view the Android 12 and Realme UI 3.0, you can wait for the official announcement till you keep this article by bookmarking. We will blow up this article as soon as we get the official information.
Join TheDNS’s Telegram group and receive instant news and updates for smartphones, gaming, and devices/applications. You can connect with us on Google News and on the Facebook page, you can also follow us on YouTube and Twitter.
Google Camera New update: Experience a new interface with dynamic colors
Google Camera app version 8.4 (April 2022) officially launched with the latest version No.8.4.600.440402475.27 on April 14. Apart from Google Pixel 6 and 6 pros, other mobile phones will also see inconvenience.
Application:- Google Camera (Gcam)
Support OS:- Android 12+
Update Size:- 333.07 MB
Version Number:- 8.4.600.440402475.27
Download Link:- Click Here
[What’s new in this update]
- Material You – Experience a new interface with dynamic colors and components from Google’s Material You design system.
- General bug fixes and improvements
Requirements – The latest version of Google Camera only works on Pixel phones running Android 12 and above. The latest version of Google Camera for Wear OS only works on Wear OS 2.0 devices connected to Pixel phones. Some features are not available on all devices.
Android 12 system share is only 2.6%, Android 11 is far ahead and ranked first, and Android 13 is coming
According to GizChina reports, most people would think that a considerable number of users must have installed Android 12. Indeed, Google’s latest version of the operating system has been out for months, and manufacturers’ systems are adapting one by one. However, after understanding the deployment habits of the Android system, everyone will find that the popularity of the new system is not fast.
According to the Uptodown survey, only 2.6% of users have used or upgraded to Android 12. In fact, Android 12 ranks fifth among the most popular Android operating systems. In addition, Android 11 occupies the first place with a user share of 29.5%.
Android 10 (25.2%) came in second, followed by Android 9 (11.5%) in third, and Android 8.1 Oreo (11%) in fourth. As mentioned above, these results are not uncommon. It is now customary that the version before the latest version is more popular. This is especially true of the Android 11 rollout in 2021, which is still lagging behind Android 10 for a long time despite being adopted by a quarter of users.
So it’s only a matter of time before Android 12 has a place on most smartphones. On the one hand, it takes time for manufacturers to develop adaptation systems; on the other hand, it takes time for users to truly feel the needs.
Also, Uptodown shows the most popular smartphone brands. Samsung led with 31.62% of the vote, followed by Xiaomi and Huawei with 16.31% and 11.07% respectively. Finally, the most-used browser is Chrome, far ahead of its competitors with 83.6% of users.
Google recently officially announced the dates for its annual Google I/O event; this year, it will take place May 11-12. Traditionally, at this event, the company unveils a new version of the Android 13 operating system.
Google I/O 2022 will be held in a partially open format. Only employees of the company are invited to the event, others will follow the announcement online. During the conference, Android 13 will be officially launched, but the final version of the operating system will not be released until the fall, and the first Android 13 devices out of the box will be the Pixel 7 series smartphones.
- Galaxy Watch 5 official promo first look with new images
- [Update August 08] Huawei Music receives a new update with the previous build (220.127.116.112)
- Download Link: Google Play Store has been updated to the latest build 31.7.27 [APK]
- Huawei Watch GT 3 series August 2022 update brings the most awaited feature “Metronome”
- Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro configured with full exposure, supports intelligent noise reduction
- Samsung Galaxy A23 5G officially released: Snapdragon 695 + 50MP quad camera
- Breaking: Galaxy S22 series finally receives the One UI 5.0/Android 13 beta update
- Huawei FreeBuds Pro 2 major update release for global users [HarmonyOS 3.0]
- Download Link: Bixby Voice getting a new build 18.104.22.168 [APK]
- Google Pixel 6 / Pro / 6a mobile phones start to push firmware update
Apps1 week ago
[Update August 01] Google Play Store download links may be found here
Apps8 hours ago
[Update August 08] Huawei Music receives a new update with the previous build (22.214.171.1242)
News1 week ago
[Update July 31] Galaxy Watch 4 Series One UI Watch 4.5 Tracker
HarmonyOS 3.01 week ago
They took the Huawei Watch 3 series to the next level with HarmonyOS 3.0 full features
Apps1 week ago
Download the Google Play Store new build 31.5.17 [APK]
News7 days ago
Galaxy S22 series August 2022 Security update rolling out widely [Country wise Build]
HarmonyOS 3.01 week ago
Breaking: Huawei P50 series receiving HarmonyOS 3.0 beta update
Galaxy watch1 week ago
See new images of Galaxy Watch 5, Galaxy Watch 5 Pro